Cupcakes to go

Cupcakes to go: 1,019

Monday, April 16, 2012

24 Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes

...and 6 Lemony Cupcakes




It's been a little bit since I've baked. I've had the urge to bake for a week now and finally, I got around to it. There's no special occasion, but it'll be like a holiday to the people who get to enjoy my cupcakes.


These little guys were easy as pie... or I cakes, I guess. Advice right off the bat, do not forget to melt the butter. I did... then I added the brown sugar on top of it. I had to carefully scoop it out so I could fix my mistake.  I didn't add the pecans, since you never know who's allergic to what these days. I probably should have added more pineapple to make up for the pecans. A whole 20 ounce can of pineapple would probably have worked just fine. You might want to go light on the pineapple mixture until you have all the cupcakes filled and then go back and use the left overs. Next, the recipe says to make the lemon jello. Since it says to let it cool for 10 minutes, you might want to mix the jello first and let it chill while you finish the recipe. Even after 20 minutes of chilling in the fridge, the jello was still warm. I added it to the cake mix and other ingredients disaster free. They baked for closer to 20 minutes until they were ready to come out of the oven. The left over cake batter I just put in the cups plain. The were done in 15 minutes. I usually don't put my cupcakes on cooling racks to cool, but since the bottoms of these cupcakes are kind of wet, I put them on the racks to keep the counter from getting sticky.


That's all these cupcakes take. There's no icing, no garnish. All you need to do is flip it upside down on a plate and peel the cupcake paper off. It looks exactly like it's much larger counterpart.

An awesome cupcake disguised in a very plain way.
Ingredients
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c butter, melted
2 can (8 oz each) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
1/2 c chopped pecans
12 maraschino cherries, halved
1 c boiling water
1 package (3 oz) lemon flavored jello
1 package yellow cake mix
4 eggs
2/3 c oil
2 tsp lemon zest

How To
1. Heat the oven to 350
2. Mix the sugar and butter in a medium bowl; stir in pineapple and nuts. Place cherry half, cut side up, in the center of each of 24 paper lined muffin cups. Cover with the pineapple mixture.
3. Add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
4. Beat remaining ingredients in a large bowl with a mixer until well blended. Add elatin' mix well. Spoon over pineapple mixture (Cups will almost be completely filled)
5. Bake 15-18 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment