Cupcakes to go

Cupcakes to go: 1,019

Friday, March 8, 2013

21 Godiva Liqueur Cupcakes with Kahlua Icing



So another lovely girl had a birthday, so I got a request for cupcakes. I've baked these cupcakes before with rave reviews, so I used this as my chance to resurrect this recipe. I made a date and invited this angel over to be my beautiful baking assistant.


Chances are that you don't have the necessary alcohol for these cupcakes. Big bottles of Godiva liqueur is a little on the expensive side, but I decided to commit to it and buy one. We had 2 of the tiny bottles left over from the last time I made these cupcakes and it turned out that 2 was perfectly a half of a cup that the recipe calls for. You can also buy smaller bottles of Kahlua. I love Kahlua so I got the normal sized bottle and my assistant and I enjoyed a delicious drink while we baked.


This is another super quick recipe that's worth feeling the guilt of using a boxed cake mix. It makes the recipe ideal for making in the afternoon before I took them to work, and easy enough that it was no big deal that we had a cocktail while we made them. And they're good for making with some company since they're not too too involved that you're too busy mixing up ingredients to chit chat. All you do is substitute part of the required water with the Godiva liqueur and add a few mini chocolate chips and that's all it takes to bring a boring chocolate cake mix to something heavenly.

Mix Up All The
Ingredients

Once upon a time, I had made white Russian cupcakes. The cupcakes themselves were a bust. Vodka cupcakes?... not so good. Kahlua icing?... home run!! And it's just the icing I need for these chocolate cupcakes.
 
No Icing Left!

These cupcakes are overall winners. The cake is practically guaranteed to come out perfect since it's essentially boxed cake mix, but the alcohol and the mini chocolate chips make the cupcakes seem homemade. And the icing? Out of this world! I could eat just a cupcake cup full of this icing, without the cake. It's just mind blowing, despite the fact that it taste incredible with chocolate. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Just make them. Don't think about it. Don't think about the alcohol. Don't think that they're chocolate cupcakes and bad for you. Just bake some cupcakes.

Time for Another Drink

Godiva Liqueur Cupcake Ingredients
1 box devil's food cake mix
1/2 c Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
1/3 c mini semisweet chocolate chips

Cupcake How to
1. Make cupcakes according to the package (same amount of eggs and oil). Substitute part of the water for the chocolate liqueur (example: if the box calls for 1 1/3 cop of water, add 1 c water and 1/3 cup liqueur).
2. Blend with electric mixer. Stir in mini chips.
3. Bake ate 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Kahlua Icing Ingredients
1 stick butter, softened
1 pinch of salt
3 c powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp Kahlua

Icing How to
Beat butter until creamy. Add salt. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add Kahlua 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.

1 comment: