Cupcakes to go

Cupcakes to go: 1,019

Friday, March 9, 2012

24 Smores Cupcakes



I've made these cupcakes once before, but when my mom told me that she told our pastor that we would bake something for a game night at our church, I knew that these cupcakes were just right. Plus, they're just so darn cute!


These cupcakes are simple enough to make. The best way to finely chop your chocolate bars is to just throw them in the food processor and let them go for a little. As for the graham crackers, I just put them in the plastic bag and smashed them up. You could put them in the food processor, too, if you're feeling extra lazy. The amounts for the water, oil, and eggs are what was listed on the box of yellow cake mix I used. You might have to use different amounts depending on what brand you use.


As for the icing, just as simple. I wish it tasted more like marshmallow. I would put in a half cup less of powdered sugar if you don't like your icing super sweet. Placing the teddies and chocolate pieces on top really finishes off these cupcakes. I dipped the teddy grahams in the left over icing. It was a great way to avoid eating one of the cupcakes.


Ingredients
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
1 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 c Water
5 Chocolate Bars (4 finely chopped, 1 for garnish)
1/3 c Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs
1 jar (7 oz) Marshmallow Fluff
1/2 c Butter
2 c powdered sugar
Teddy Grahams
Water

How To
1. Preheat oven to 350. Make the cake mix as directed. Fold in graham cracker crumbs and chopped chocolate bars. Pour into cupcake cups.
2. Bake for 18-23 minutes. Cool completely.
3. In a large bowl, beat marshmallow fluff, butter, and powdered sugar on low until blended. Beat in water 1/2 tsp at a time until frosting is spreadable. Spread on cupcakes. Divide chocolate bar into rectangles and place them on top of each cupcake with a teddy graham.

from bettycrocker.com

1 comment:

  1. I am going to make these ASAP. I have been craving cupcakes and these look phenominal. Awesome job! -Steph

    ReplyDelete